Monday, August 23, 2010

Konnie Huq talks…X-Factor!


The X-Factor returns to our screens this Saturday and to get you all in the mood we caught up with Konnie Huq – the new face of the ITV2 spin-off show the Xtra Factor!

 

You’re our new presenter of The Xtra Factor. Is it a daunting prospect or have you enjoyed the experience?

I guess the first day was quite daunting because it’s like moving to a different school where you’re the new girl and everyone knows each other. There are so many people on the team, and after getting introduced to everyone on the first day, you realise the next day you don’t have a clue who anyone is, but then slowly you make friends and a couple of weeks later, it’s like you’ve been there for years. Am totally loving every minute of the experience, it’s such a buzz! The crowds have been great too. On The Xtra Factor, we’re with them most of the day and we have had such a laugh.

 

What was it like travelling the country to attend the auditions?

It’s a bit like touring, you’re kind of living out of a suitcase and waking up in hotel rooms thinking where am I today? It’s great for team bonding though because you’re with everyone first thing and last thing! It’s interesting seeing how people are different place to place!

 

Which contestants stood out for you and why?

Often the contestants that stand out to me aren’t necessarily the best singers but the quirky ones or the ones that I have a laugh with! I can’t count the number of times we’ve bursts into hysterics while filming just from goofing around.

 

What is the thing you most enjoy about hosting The Xtra Factor?

When I am having a laugh with some good contestants or with the judges it can be such fun! I love it when I meet people in the queue I really gel with and then we have a laugh over something and run with it. The crew often join in too so it ends up being a big group thing.We‘ve had so many jokes and giggles over the course of the auditions, it’s been great!

 

Are you looking forward to getting into the live shows?

Yeah, I can’t wait for the live shows! I love live telly, there’s an energy about it that you can’t beat. Having done Blue Peter for so long, I got a bit spoilt with the luxury of live tv so I‘m chuffed that I’ll be a part of the live experience again.

 

Have you agreed with the decisions the judges have made?

Sometimes yes and sometimes no!

 

What is your favourite part of the show – auditions/Judges’ Houses, live shows etc?

I can’t really answer that one yet, but I am really looking forward to the live shows as I love live presenting!

 

Catch the new series of the X-Factor on Saturday, 21 August, ITV1 7:30PM - 9:00PM

Source: The Asian Today Online - Asian News

0 comments:

Post a Comment