Wednesday, January 26, 2011

'Tangled' director recalls Tarantino meeting


Nathan Greno and Byron Howard

© WENN

Tangled co-director Nathan Greno has recalled meeting Quentin Tarantino at the Critics' Choice Awards.

The Inglourious Basterds director named Disney's 50th animated feature as his fifth favourite movie of 2010, prompting Greno to approach the filmmaker to offer his thanks.

"It was such a thrill for us because we love Quentin Tarantino, we love his movies," Greno told Digital Spy. "That guy is like a genius and so to be anywhere on his list was exciting. To be number five was amazing.

"We were just at the Critics' Choice Awards and he was there - they gave him an award that night. During one of the commercial breaks I went over and just wanted to thank him for putting the film on the list.

"I tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around with a puzzled look, like 'Who the heck are you?' and I said, 'Hi, I'm Nathan Greno, I'm one of the directors on Tangled' and he shoots up out of his chair grabs my hand and starts shaking my hand. He said, 'It is a pleasure to meet you!' I'm like, 'What's going on right now?!' He just loves the movie.

"What a huge compliment that there are these brilliant filmmakers out there that love the film. It means a lot to us."

Tangled opens in UK cinemas on Friday.

More Tangled:-
> Interview: Mandy Moore
> Interview: Zachary Levi
> Tangled review

Source: Showbiz, entertainment and media news

0 comments:

Post a Comment